A Cheese Tray for the Holidays
Thanksgiving is just around the corner! And true to our characters, we are probably thinking what else could we add to our holiday table. Our ideas and inspiration will be flowing right until T-Day. That’s why I wanted to share with you this cheese tray I made the other day, when we wanted a light meal after a day of running around.
I think this tray looks so festive with all the red tones and it’s also so warm thanks to the cinnamon almonds and red pears, the quintessential flavors of the season.
Here’s what’s on it so you can create a tray like this yourself:
1. Cherries - I was lucky to find a box and I grabbed it without even thinking! But since I know they’re not in season and are hard to find, good substitutes could be sugared cranberries or plums.
3. Red pears, but you may use green as well.
4. Cheeses - I used here a hard and salty Manchego and a semi-soft and sweet Stilton.
5. Marcona almonds – These were roasted with salt and olive oil but I roasted them more at home with cinnamon and sugar at 425° for 10 minutes.
6. Cocktail onions
7. Sourdough crisp slices – Loved the shape of this. Any other water cracker will work wonderfully.
8. Pieces of dark chocolate with chili for a sweet ending!
9. A good red wine.